CBD Gummies vs Hemp Gummies? How Do They Compare?
Cannabidiol (CBD) and hemp gummies are both soft gel candies that have some excellent properties and taste delicious. But how do they differ? Let’s compare the two to find out.
Both Are Derived From the Same Cannabis Sativa Plant, Only From Different Parts
- CBD Gummies are made from the mature hemp plant flowers, stems, and stalks that contain cannabidiol.
- Hemp gummies are derived from hemp plant seeds that contain hemp seed oil extract. Unlike the flowers, these seeds contain little to no cannabinoids, meaning they are practically THC-free.
The Two Use Diverse Extraction Methods
- CBD oil is extracted with ethanol or CO2, then transformed into a thick CBD oil. This oil is infused into a gummy base, then sweetened, and solidified.
- Hemp seed oil used to make hemp gummies is created using a cold-press, mechanical extraction method.
They Have Different Active Ingredients and Provide Completely Different Benefits
- CBD gummies may have anti-inflammatory properties and help reduce pain, anxiety, and stress, while boosting energy, and encouraging calm.
- Hemp seed products contain antioxidants, trace minerals, vitamins like B and D, and healthy fats like omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Therefore, they provide many nutritional benefits like other oils, such as avocado and olive oils that help improve skin conditions like acne or psoriasis.
While Both Come in a Wide Variety of Flavors, They Each Have Distinct Tastes
- CBD may not be so flavorful by itself, but it is delicious in gummy form and tastes way better than hemp.
- The hemp seed oil taste may not appeal to most people since it has a nutty taste, but when it’s made into a gummy that taste is masked.
They Are Referred to by Different Terms
- CBD is also known as marijuana-derived CBD, CBD oil, and more.
- Hemp is also known as hemp-derived CBD, hemp seed oil, and more.
There Are Legal Differences Between CBD and Hemp Products
- Marijuana-derived CBD can have as much as 30% THC and is federally illegal, but legal under state laws.
- There is less than 0.3% THC in hemp-derived CBD and these products are federally legal but are still illegal in some states.
While Both Products Can Be Purchased Online or at Some Stores, CBD Gummies Are Harder To Find Than Hemp Gummies
- CBD products are not sold on Amazon, as they are prohibited by the retail giant. Rather, they are found in vape stores, dispensaries, head shops, and pharmacies.
- Hemp gummies are sold in many stores, including food chain stores, health stores, on Amazon, and even some wellness centers. They are also used in many products, especially health products.
Hemp Gummies May Take Longer to Work Than CBD Gummies
- After taking CBD gummies, the effects can come minutes after for some people, whereas others may take longer to feel the effects.
- Hemp gummies may also help reduce inflammation and stress, but not in the same way or as fast as CBD gummies.
There Is a Major Price Difference Between These Gummies
- Because CBD gummies contain cannabinoids with low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which have exceptional properties, they are more expensive than hemp gummies.
- Although medical evidence shows that hemp gummies have substantial health benefits, they cost much less than CBD gummies.
Which Should You Take: CBD Gummies or Hemp Gummies?
- Take CBD gummies if you need help sleeping, with pain relief, or anxiety, and for supporting your endocannabinoid system.
- Use hemp gummies as a dietary supplement for the health benefits they offer as they contain vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids provided by hemp seed oil.
CBD gummies and hemp gummies are two completely different products that may come from the same hemp plant, but they…
- come from different parts of the plant, and CBD gummies contain THC whereas hemp gummies have little to none.
- are made by their own unique extraction methods.
- each has different properties with different benefits. While CBD gummies can help with sleep, anxiety, and pain, hemp gummies have vitamins and fatty acids that provide health benefits.
- taste different. In fact, most people don’t like the taste of hemp seed oil.
- are called by different names. For example, CBD gummies are also known as marijuana-derived CBD gummies, whereas hemp gummies are also known as hemp-derived CBD gummies.
- have legal differences, in which CBD gummies may not be legal in some states, but hemp gummies are.
- are sold in different stores. For instance, Amazon prohibits selling CBD products but allows hemp items.
- work differently, to where CBD starts to work faster than hemp does.
- are sold at different prices as CBD costs more than hemp.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):